WHY DO YOU NOT PERCIEVE IT
Isaiah 43:18-20 “Do not remember the former things, Or ponder the things of the past. Listen carefully, I am about to do a new thing, Now it will spring forth; Do you perceive it? I will even put a road in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Why do you not percieve it?
Matthew 13:1-9 That same day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting beside the sea [of Galilee]. But such large crowds gathered around Him that He got into a boat and sat there [positioning Himself as a teacher], while the whole crowd stood on the shore. He told them many things in parables, saying, “Listen carefully: a sower went out to sow [seed in his field]; and as he sowed, some seed fell beside the road[between the fields], and the birds came and ate it. Other seed fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil; and at once they sprang up because they had no depth of soil. But when the sun rose, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. Other seed fell among thorns, and thorns came up and choked them out. Other seed fell on good soil and yielded grain, some a hundred times as much [as was sown], some sixty [times as much], and some thirty. He who has ears [to hear], let him hear and heed My words.”
1. The Path - The birds came and ate it because the soil was shallow.
2. The Rocky Place - The plants grew but were withered from the sun because they had no root.
3. The Thorns - The plants grew but were choked by the weeds.
4. The Good Soil - It produced a crop 30, 60, 100 times what was sown.
The Seed is the Word of God. When you put the seed in good soil, your hope is that you would bear good fruit.
2 Layers When Studying Soil:
- Top soil - Provides the richest amount of organic matter for generating seed.
- ubsoil - Offers rich minerals for searching root systems; Mineral deficiencies in the topsoil force roots to dive deer to the subsoil for nutrients.
When the nutrients from the top soil is depleted we need to move from the area of topsoil and dig deeper to the subsoil. When our first initial encounter with God is not enough, we must dig deeper into Him.
Numbers 20:2-5 Now there was no water for the community, and the people gathered in opposition to Moses and Aaron. They quarreled with Moses and said, “If only we had died when our brothers fell dead before the Lord! Why did you bring the Lord’s community into this wilderness, that we and our livestock should die here? Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to this terrible place? It has no grain or figs, grapevines or pomegranates. And there is no water to drink!”
- Your growth mindset needs to be greater than your fixed mindset.
- In order for us to reach the subsoil, we need to know which direction we're moving.
- Hunger for God and press into God deeper.
- Movement: The time for standing and waiting is over.
- Listening: Study the Word of God.